The latest Scottish Government Annual Air Quality Seminar was held in Edinburgh on Monday March 18th 2013. The event was attended by over seventy delegates from a range of organisations including the Scottish Government, local authorities, SEPA, health experts, universities and environmental consultancies. The objective was to discuss the most recent work carried under the Scottish Air Quality Database and Website Contract, and to consider other topical air quality issues for Scotland. Once again at the 2013 seminar there was a particular focus on actions to reduce pollutant levels, health concerns and public information.
The agenda and presentations from the day are provided below.
- Welcome and Introduction – Andrew Taylor, Scottish Government
- Annual SAQD Update – Stuart Sneddon, Ricardo-AEA
- PM2.5 Overview – Dr Mat Heal, University of Edinburgh
- Scottish Transport Emissions Partnership – Drew Hill, Transport Scotland
- Low Emissions Zones – Dr Beth Conlan, Ricardo-AEA
- Air Quality & Athletes Study – Prof Andrew Hursthouse, University of the West Scotland
- AHER Emergency Response – Ben Jackson, SEPA
- The Bonnygate Air Quality Action Plan – Building a Template for Action – Kenny Bisset, Fife Council
- Health Impacts of Air Quality – Dr Jackie Hyland, NHS Fife
- SAQD Developments 2013-2016 – Paul Willis, Ricardo-AEA