The latest Scottish Government Annual Air Quality Seminar was held in Glasgow on Wednesday March 28th 2012. The event was attended by over sixty delegates from a range of organisations including the Scottish Government, local authorities, SEPA, Health Protection Scotland, the NHS, Strathclyde University and environmental consultancies. The objective was to discuss the most recent work carried under the Scottish Air Quality Database and Website Contract, and to consider other topical air quality issues for Scotland. Following the recent launch of the Know and Respond Alert Service there was a particular focus on health issues and public information at the seminar.
The agenda and presentations from the day are provided below.
- Welcome and Introduction - Andrew Taylor, Scottish Government
- General Introduction to the Database and Website – Stuart Sneddon, AEA
- QA/QC Process – Stephen Stratton, AEA
- Site Calibrations and PM baseline checks – David Hector, AEA
- Carbotraf – Jim Mills, Air Monitors
- Open Air – enhanced functionality on SAQD – Scott Hamilton, AEA
- LAQM Appraisal Team – Sofia Girnary, Transport and Travel Research Ltd
- Revocation of Hartwell AQMA – Fiona Maguire, North Lanarkshire Council
- Health Impacts of Air Quality – Dr Ken Anderson MD FRCP, Consultant Physician
- Air Quality Forecasting and the Know and Respond Alert System – Paul Willis, AEA
- Upgrating City Buses to Reduce NOx Emissions – Janet Brown and Kathye-Ann Henderson, Edinburgh City Council and EMINOX