The latest Scottish Air Quality Database and Website Annual Seminar was held in Edinburgh on 26 March 2014. The event was attended by over seventy delegates from a range of organisations including the Scottish Government, local authorities, SEPA, health experts, universities and environmental consultancies. The objective was to discuss the most recent work carried under the Scottish Air Quality Database and Website Contract, and to consider other topical air quality issues for Scotland.
Presentations from the day are provided below.
- Welcome and Introduction – Andrew Taylor, Air Quality Policy Manager, Scottish Government
- Project Overview – Stuart Sneddon, SAQD Project Manager, Ricardo-AEA
- Cardiovascular effects of air pollution – Professor David Newby, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh
- The New and Improved Air Quality in Scotland Database & website – Paul Willis, Ricardo-AEA
- Media Developments on Air Quality Scotland – Alistair Dorman-Smith, Ricardo-AEA
- Assessing variations in roadside air quality with sampling height – Stephen Stratton, Ricardo-AEA
- Secondary Schools Pilot Study – Jennifer Simpson, Ricardo-AEA