This area of the Air Quality in Scotland website has been designed to provide practitioners with a helpful guide through the Action Planning Process, from the declaration of an Air Quality Management Area (AQMA), to the successful implementation of appropriate measures.
The resource has been designed as a flowchart to aid you in whatever stage of the action planning process you are at. Each box in the flowchart will provide you with further guidance, links to any other relevant information or tools you may require. There are two views available the user can select whichever view they prefer simply by selecting the "Highlight all steps in flowchart" button. A recommended template for preparing Air Quality Action Plan Reports is available - download template (DOC).
- LAQM Detailed Assessment completed. Exceedance of an air quality objective identified. What next?
- Declaring an Air Quality Management Area
- Get a better understanding of the problem
- Research local policy
- Establish an AQMA Steering Group
- Consider all available measures
- Development and Evaluation of provisional list of measures
- Prepare draft Air Quality Action Plan Document
- Invite additional stakeholders to attend steering group meetings
- Revise draft air quality action plan
- Internal Consultation on Draft Air Quality Action Plan
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Public Consultation on the draft Air Quality Action Plan
- Finalisation of Air Quality Action Plan Document
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the action plan
- Keeping the action plan up to date
- Amending or Revoking an AQMA